Welcome To Midwestern Transit Service, Inc.
Dave - CEO/President
Adrian - Vice President
Jeff - General Manager
Robin - Accounting Manager
Kirk - Sales Manager
Kirk - Sales Manager
Thanks For Stopping By. We Appreciate Your Business.
Midwestern Transit Service, Inc. is looking for transportation agents that want to work for a quality organization.
We take your success seriously.
Our goal is your success!
Therefore, we provide state of the art tools for you to succeed in the freight broker business.
History – Midwestern Transit Service, Inc. began doing business in 1985. In 2002 having built a loyal customer and carrier base, we decided to expand. Since our inception, we have earned the loyalty and confidence of our numerous clients and carriers. MTSI has expanded its business into many different areas of service. Today, we arrange transportation for Truckload, LTL, Air Freight, Intermodal shipments and International requiring any conceivable type of equipment.
Reputation – Midwestern Transit Service Inc. agents are recognized for their honesty, integrity, and knowledge of the transportation industry. Our agents bring many different levels of experience from various parts of the industry. That experience and knowledge is shared across all of our agencies. Our reputation is very important to all of our agents and new agents will be expected to maintain our reputation within the industry and their community.
Financial Stability – Midwestern Transit Service Inc. has substantial liquidity and credit at its disposal, in addition to its cash reserves. These reserves are used to pay our carriers invoices before our customer invoices are paid. Midwestern has multiple credit lines with local banks that also provide significant leverage. Our Dun & Bradstreet rating reflects our history of solid business practices. Midwestern also has received the coveted 100,000 surety bond, due to its financial stability. Lastly, our credit rating on all major loading boards is excellent.
Best Practices – David Taylor, Principal, Certified Transportation Broker – is a best practices partnership developed by the Transportation Intermediary Association (TIA) for property brokers, and freight forwarders. The CTB’s have proven a desire to achieve a higher standard in the transportation industry.
Dispatch Technology – Midwestern Transit Service Inc. agencies use a proprietary online database that handles and records every transaction. This database allows for increased flexibility allowing our agents to conduct business from anywhere. MTSI views technology as a way to maximize service, expedite communication and add value across the board. This proprietary database will be a key to your success!
The Midwestern Transit Service Inc Agent Plan PROVIDES:
- Access to MTSI’s proprietary database
- General office and accounting support
- Marketing and Sales materials provided for your SUCCESS!
- Competitive commissions, based on sales volume and gross margin
- Commissions are paid via direct deposit the following week upon receipt of your carrier’s invoice and all required paperwork to MTSI
- Assistance with specialized freight shipments
- Family Atmosphere! We move freight for a living but we also invest in people
- On-line electronic interfaces to all major load boards.
- You use our Broker authority, Surety Bond, and Contingency cargo insurance
- Payment of freight charges to your carriers in 21 days (Quick pay as needed)
- Centralized billing of all loads from the corporate office
- We process and maintain all required paperwork
- You use our nationally recognized name respected by customers and carriers
- Midwestern provides Key point ™ dispatching software to all agents.
- Midwestern provides access to over 25,000 approved carriers
- You have access to technology advances and upgrades to our infrastructure
- Experienced corporate staff available to support all aspects of business operations
- Midwestern pre-approves credit on all customers and final approval on all carrier set ups
- Document imaging available for carriers from the truck stops
- Midwestern insures all account receivables for bad debt protection.
Midwestern asks YOU to provide the following:
- Established Customer base (credit pre-approved and insured by Midwestern)
- Minimum ability of moving 10 loads per week.
- Established Carrier following (reviewed and approved by Midwestern to ensure quality and service expectations)
- Office with a minimum of a Fax, Telephone and High Speed Internet.
- Desire to earn substantial commissions and be an entrepreneur
- Willingness to follow Midwestern policies, procedures and integrity
- Knowledge and experience of the industry
- Assistance with obtaining required documentation and receivables from customers
- Assistance with obtaining required documentation from carriers
- Completed Background release
- Completed Representative agreement
- Completed Electronic load board agreement
- Completed DISC personality test
How do we proceed to the next step?
- Complete the online information form on the application page and call Dave for
further information at 800-505-9754 x 3